Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mike Frank Intro

My name is Mike Frank and I am from Maumee, Ohio which is a suburb of Toledo. I played basketball until my freshman year of high school and I also played soccer all the way through high school. I still play baseball in college for the varsity team.

The female I would most like to see compete is Mia Hamm. I would love to see how dominant she actually was in person.

The male athlete I would like to see compete is Nolan Ryan. Being a pitcher, I would appreciate how dominant he was and at the major league level at that.



At this point in time I do not have any concerns for the class. I look forward to learning more about what sport is all about and obtain a deeper understanding of the concepts.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mike,

    I see that you found the picture of Nolan Ryan that I mentioned in class. I assume that you would be more interested in his pitching mechanics than how he beat up Robin Ventura:-) I agree that it would have been great to see Mia Hamm play soccer. I read that she made arrangements to fly to London to see the Women's Soccer finals after the U.S. team got to the Olympic finals. That must have been exciting for the team to have her support!

    Thanks for sharing your Introduction. I look forward to reading more of your entries.

    Dr. Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    I agree with you for the female athlete. I would also like to see Mia Hamm play as well. She was an amazing soccer player and definitely set the bar high for the United States women's team. Yes, we have great players like Wombach, Solo, and Morgan; however, Hamm had a different style of play. All of the players seem passionate about the game, but there was something different about how Hamm played and I admired her throughout my soccer career. She also was a leader off the field and strived to be successful and stressed to young players that succeeding off of the field was just as important as succeeding on it. Hamm was a role model in multiple aspects, which is why I would love to her play.

    -Casey Daulbaugh

    ReplyDelete