Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Aaron Keyer Introduction



My name is Aaron Keyer and I am from Waterville, Ohio, which is about twenty minutes north of Bowling Green. I am currently a junior here at BGSU but will be a senior following this fall semester. I originally attended Ohio Northern University where I played football my freshman year. In high school I played football, basketball and baseball. When I was looking to transfer at the end of my freshman year I decided on Bowling Green because of the sport management program. I am currently a sport management major with a double minor in general business and economics.

Although I grew up in Ohio, my dad’s side of the family is from Wisconsin and my mom’s family resides in Michigan. I don’t really care to have a favorite team in any sport except professional football. Due to the fact that my dad grew up in Wisconsin, I grew up in a household that is diehard about the Green Bay Packers, and I am the same way.

The male professional athlete I would pay to see would be Tiger Woods. Although I pay to see him every year at the WGC Bridgestone Invitational in Akron, Ohio, I will continue to pay to watch him play golf until he stops playing. My reason for saying this is because he is simply a transcendent athlete. He completely changed the way the game of golf is looked at, and the way golfers are looked at as athletes. Tiger Woods has undoubtedly played golf at a higher level than anyone else in golf history for a longer period of time than anyone else. This statement is be supported by his run form 2000-2002 when he won 7 of the 11 major championships that were played and won 8 consecutive golf tournaments at one point. He has already passed the total number of wins that Jack Nicklaus has and is only 36 years old. Tiger Woods has changed the world of golf forever, and has inspired many young kids around the world to want to play golf.

The female athlete I would pay to see play would be Annika Sorenstam. Annika is considered to be the greatest and most successful female golfer of all time. As an avid competitive golfer, the way she dominated the LPGA tour in her prime was amazing. She won 10 major championships and 90 tournaments internationally. Another thing that I admire about Annika Soremstam is that she was the first female player to play in a men’s PGA tour event, and although she did not compete, she broke down a barrier for women golfers to follow such as Michelle Wie.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aaron,

    I can certainly understand your being an avid Green Bay Packer's fan if your dad was born in Wisconsin. They had a lot of drama after Brett Favre left so that must have been exciting to cheer for the Aaron Rodgers-quarterbacked team that won the Super Bowl. I can also understand why you would be a fan of Tiger Woods and Annika Sorenstam if you are an avid golfer. I find myself interested in following Men's golf when I see that Tiger is near the top of the leader board (being a tennis player, you're not supposed to admit to following golf:-) I liked the fact that Tiger was supportive of Annika when she played against the men. As I recall, he even encouraged her to play more tournaments. I'm still not convinced that Michelle Wie should play on the men's tour - at least not until she establishes herself as a contender on the LPGA Tour.

    Good start on your first entry!

    Dr. Spencer

    ReplyDelete