Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Conclusion - Tyler Clifton


Coming into this class this semester i also wasnt really sure what to expect or what i was getting into. After the first day when everyone said that they were sport management majors and then got to me and i said communication major i felt a little awkward. But after going through the class i realized that my major didnt really matter and i found this class to be very interesting and fun and i really am glad that i decided to take it this semester. For the class we were asked to do blogs, journals, or comments and i just thought that i would tell everyone what i did this semester. I started out doing journals for like the first 3 weeks of class and then i started to do comments every week which i found to be much easier than writing a journal. Just to comment on the blogs and stuff that we did this semester i thought that it was pretty cool to do that because you got to see a lot of the other classmates opinions and thoughts about the topics that we talked about in class.

As i said earlier i wasnt really sure what i was getting myself into when i registered to take this class. But after all the class discussion and articles that we had to read i am really glad that i did take the course. I thought that there was alot of good discussions for some of the articles that we had for the class. For me though i think my favorite topic in the class was the topic on Micheal Jordan just because growing up i watched him play the game of basketball on TV. Now granted i never played baksetball in high school or anything like that but when i would play with my buddies at school or at home i would try and do some of the moves that he would do and it never worked out as well for me as it did for him. I think that Micheal Jordan is the greatest player to ever play the game of basketball and i think that he has done alot for the game of basketball wether it is on the court or off the court.

To conclude my conclusion for the class this semester i really just want to thank Dr. Spencer and Kara for making this class really interesting and fun. You guys really made me feel good about the class even though i didnt have a sport management major and i really appreciate that very much. So to just conclude i just want to say Thank You!!! for a great semester.

2 comments:

  1. Tyler,

    I am in a similar position. I, too, am not a sports management major, but majoring in individual studies because I would have to go three more years to receive one undergrad because I switched my major from education halfway through my senior year. Although I am looking to go into graduate school for sports administration, this material is extremely new. I was intimidated by the rest of the class because they studied sports issues for at least a couple years prior to this course. My nerves got the best of me at first, but slowly became comfortable as well because of how the class discussion was run and how friendly the class was. I think Dr. Spencer and Kara did a great job as well. This class was by far one of my most favorite classes I have had in my undergraduate career. I am really glad I enrolled into the course despite how new the material would truly be.

    Casey Daulbaugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey and Tyler,

    I'm glad you both felt comfortable in the class even though you were not Sport Management majors. Thanks for sharing.

    Dr. Spencer

    ReplyDelete